Monday, October 15, 2007

DARE TO IMAGINE

Dare to imagine

Today’s quote comes from Ralph Marston, who says:

“In your mind you can go anywhere. And where your mind consistently goes, the rest of your life will follow.
There is no limit to what you can imagine. And what you imagine, you have already begun to create.
Allow your thoughts to travel often to beautiful and magnificent places. In your mind, construct all the rich details of the life you wish to live.
In order to reach for a dream, you must know what it looks like, how it feels, and where it is. Long before you actually get there, your mind can enable you to experience all these things.
Every success is first a success of the imagination. What wonderful pathways will you dare to imagine?
Set your imagination free, and it will show you who you are. Let imagination guide your efforts, and your dreams will be fulfilled.”

I am a very visual kind of person and while I was reading this my mind wandered away on it’s own and in my ‘mind’s eye’ I was a bird soaring through the air and looking down on the world!

I could not imagine what my life would be like without my dreams, my hopes and my aspirations.

I could not imagine how droll life would be, if I could not dream about what I would like to do and who I would like to become.

Dreams for me are like old familiar friends that have walked along beside me on this journey of life. They have carried me when I could no longer walk, they have led when I became lost and they have kept me company in times of loneliness. They have been my light in times of darkness and stood quietly, unassumingly in times of triumph.

Without my dreams, there would be no point to life.

No comments: