Thursday, February 21, 2008

THE POWER OF NETWORKING - PART 49

THE POWER OF NETWORKING

PART 49

Dr. Renate Volpe, in her nugget cards entitled “Networking Tips” says:

“Make an impact! Walk into a room knowing that you have something important to offer, that is worth sharing.”

As usual Renate is spot on the money! This is a great tip indeed.

I know that, since I have finally ‘got’ the whole networking thing and actually, I walk into a room differently and people have noticed. It’s like I have a secret weapon and whilst I am quite happy to share with anyone that wants it, it is actually mine and that is a very powerful emotion to have.

It’s like having your ego constantly stroked and it certainly puts me on a ‘high’ (without the use of any kind of other substance).

You see, in most instances – I know something that those people don’t know and that makes me a very special person. The fact that I am willing to share my secret with anyone and everyone – well that makes me kind of unique, don’t you think!

What ‘anyone and everyone’ does with the secret that I share with them of course is an entirely different thing altogether and that often is very sad. Actually I used to get very upset and frustrated, when people didn’t understand the whole networking context – now I understand that sometimes things just are. So I share with those that want to hear, to learn and to understand and the rest, well life will take care of them I guess, and at the end of the day it really isn’t my problem at all.

I look at the world differently and I see people differently, and it has nothing to do with whether I like someone as an individual or not, it has to do with that person’s circle of influence, who they are connected to and who I am connected to. It has to do with adding value to people’s lives and having value added to mine.

It has to do with having a secret that I am dying to share with you – would you like to hear it?

For more information on Renate, please visit her website at www.hirs.co.za

No comments: