Wednesday, January 16, 2008

THE POWER OF NETWORKING - PART 44

THE POWER OF NETWORKING

PART 44

Dr. Renate Volpe, in her nugget cards entitled “Networking Tips” says:

“Make contact within three days of meeting people”.

Oh dear! This is one that I fall down on quite badly sometimes! Well maybe not hey – you see I try and send everyone an e-mail as soon after I have met them as is humanly possible. The e-mail tells them a little more about who I am and what it is that I do and also gives them my Business Profile.

Then here comes the challenge, for me at any rate, contacting those people again telephonically to set up individual meetings! It could take a week or even more to get hold of that person again and set up a meeting with them. Those that get hold of me (and I must admit that they are very far and few between) obviously then get an appointment before the rest, but that’s just first come first serve.

Remember it’s in your own best interest to get hold of the person that you met as soon as possible and make an appointment to see then, sit down and have a one on one with them – it increases your ‘circle of influence’ and in so doing it also increases your ‘value add’ and more importantly – it also more often than not, brings you work – whether it’s the person themselves who can give you work or whether it is someone that they know who needs your services and/or widgets – it’s all work and that is the bottom line!

For more information on Renate, please visit her website at www.hirs.co.za

No comments: