Sunday, April 15, 2007

MY BANK

If it wasn't for the fact that they are making zillions of rands out of us, this would actually be hillariously funny. Somehow it loses it humour as it hits home just how much we pay for our own money to be in the bank!



MY BANK


By Markas Ferreira


MY BANK is not my friend.
My bank takes MY money.
My bank charges me for taking MY money
My bank uses MY money to make money for itself, not for me.
My bank charges me for taking MY money back.
My bank charges me for giving MY money to someone else.


My bank charges me if I want to know where MY money is.
My bank charges me when I want to know how much of MY money my bank holds.
My bank charges me for everyone of MY account each month, even though my bank does hardly any work on those accounts.
My bank charges me R90/month for using MY accounts via the Internet – then still charges me for using My money in each account.


My bank is one of the richest companies is SA because of MY money.
MY money doesn’t make me rich; MY money makes my bank rich.


My bank is not my friend.
I can choose my friends.
My friends don’t rob me at the end of every month.
My friends don’t charge me for services they don’t perform.
My friends are people I want to see every day.
My bank is not my friend.


With the current fee structures of SA banks, there isn’t much choice but to pay – and they’re smiling all the way, well, to the bank!

No comments: